Write to be Read
Good writing influences what’s read. And what’s read influences decisions and actions and how people think.
Writing is one of the primary ways organizations communicate day-to-day.
Reading patterns require us to change how we write
- Only about 20% of what’s written is read.
- Thanks to technology we don’t read. We skim.
Short course, big impact
Only a few people are “born writers” but good writing skills are easily learned.
This half-day course teaches ways to ensure your writing is read, understood, and acted on.
We run it in-house at your place.
What you get out of the course
You will learn to write so that
- The most important 20% of your content is read, understood and internalized so the right actions and decisions can be taken
- The reader is drawn to read more than 20%
Your writing will improve right away
The course is engaging, relevant and useful with lots of before & after examples, tips and best practices.
Lots of in-class exercises will give you lots of practice. You can do the exercises using your own writing.
What the course covers
- What is readable writing?
- The impact of technology on reading and writing
- Different reading styles
- How to write to ensure important content is read
- Using tone and plain language
- Leveraging layout and structure
- New rules for paragraphs
- Headings and email subject lines
- How to write good summaries
- Using email efficiently and effectively
Who is the course for?
- Anyone who needs to get their message across and wants their writing to be read, understood, and engaging.
- People who are proficient in English as grammar is not covered.
- People who can bring a laptop to class.
We can adapt the workshop to specific needs where appropriate, though additional charges apply.
The course is 4 hours.
$2200 excluding GST.
|Tip: Try something new today.||Want to engage us run a workshop?|
|“Use short words, short sentences and short paragraphs.” –David Ogilvy||Contact Us – we’d love to share our knowledge with you.|